15 July 2020
AMENDED NWR CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY FROM MAY 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
This notice follows the revised cancellation policy titled “Corona cancellation policy from March 2020 until further notice” dated 16 March 2020. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, and the subsequent imposition of global travel restrictions as well as the State of Emergency by the Namibian Government, NWR is unable to process any refunds until the State of Emergency is lifted.
Effective 15 July 2020, we have implemented the following amendments to our cancellation policy, including some clarification and further explanation of existing procedures, which will remain in force during the State of Emergency declared by the Namibian Head of State.
Individual and FIT Tour Operator bookings:
For existing reservations made prior to June 1, 2020, for stays until 31 October 2020, NWR will allow:
- Free amendments, subject to availability
- Free cancellations with the following exception:
- If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount to redeem with your next stay at the same or any other NWR resort until 31 October 2021. If you are unable to redeem, we will refund you 80% of the booking value as of November 1, 2021.
For new reservations made between June 1 and 31 October 2020, for any future arrival date at any NWR resorts, we will allow:
- Free amendments up to 48 hours before the arrival date. Any amendments are subject to availability and / or any rate differences (100% forfeiture for less than 48 hours)
- Cancellation penalty equal to 20% non-refundable deposit will be charged
- As per NWR policy, any refund will be done as per the same form of payment originally used.
Tour Operator Groups, Series and MICE bookings:
For existing and new reservations for groups and/or meetings & events until October 31, 2020 (or the end date of COVID 19 travel restrictions / State of Emergency) at any NWR resorts, NWR will allow:
- Free amendments subject to availability
- Free cancellations if the group/meeting/event cannot be rebooked to a later date
- If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount for the customer to redeem on their next stay, at the same property or any other NWR resort until October 31, 2021. If you are unable to redeem, we will refund you 50% of the booking value as of November 1, 2021.
NWR reserves the right to make changes to this amended Cancellation Policy terms and conditions at any time and will keep you informed.
Matthias Ngwangwama Dr.